Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's only been 3 Weeks!

I am so happy to be here!

I feel like I've only blinked and 3 weeks have come and gone. The first week was full of orientation information for the new teachers, consisting of trips and meetings. To state that the first few weeks seem like a blur would be pretty accurate. I arrived in Ankara around 11:30 pm on Sunday evening, to then get my bags and pick up Dylan from the oversized luggage area, and then head outside to meet Jon, one of our orientation guides. The trip to Bilkent (my school) took about 45 minutes, and by the time I arrived at my lojman (my very own apartment for Dylan and me - and we love it so!), it was almost 1:30 am. I then had my first orientation meeting with new teachers at 9 am later that same morning. From that moment on, there was always something going on, a meeting or trip planned. During that first week, I met and made great connections with other new teachers, and we have been having a blast together so far.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! Can't wait to talk and catch up! love, tracy

    ReplyDelete